Friday, May 1, 2009

Flowers for Friday


Here's a photo of the Indian Paintbrush in our front yard. Lots of wildflowers and green, green, green from all the rain. I'm so glad it's my weekend off. I'm fairly itching to get on the riding lawnmower. Last spring I was pregnant and not allowed to ride it, so if the weather permits it will be my first time mowing since 2007. Yeah! I LOVE my riding lawnmower! I'll definitely leave the Indian Paintbrush alone. I'm ready to relax tonight and have some Asian-style stir-fry over Basmati rice prepared by my husband. Love that man. Greg spent the day at G-ma Holland's house where she made cookies and baby-sat and he graded tests. Today was a rather dreary, cloudy, slow, boring-at-work kind of a day. By mid-afternoon I was in the mood for some sort of surgery to come in.... a c-section or better yet, a laceration repair. Of course those generally come in closer to 6 pm on most Fridays, and only when the appointment book is chock-full!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great dinner. I had an Asian something interesting- seaweed salad. Ever tried it? I call it swamp salad, especially after I read about the type of seaweed they use. It's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast of colors in the pic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete