Wednesday, May 13, 2009

No Idea What To Write

I was in the middle of blogging last evening when we suffered a sudden power outage. It was weird because it was not stormy or windy at the time, but the power stayed out until 5 am and we did have a huge thunderstorm move through late last night. I was surprised it didn't wake Liam- it was flashing lightning and constant booms. I couldn't sleep well knowing the baby monitor wasn't working because of the power outage, but when I went to check on him, he was sleeping soundly. Blogger must have auto-saved my uploaded picture from last night, when Greg and Liam took a walk outside (and posed for the camera) while waiting for Gary to drive in with our grill. We loaned it to the College for an Engineering cookout last week, and finally have it back. So the back deck is finally ready for company. I'm sure my Dad can figure out how to fire it up when he gets here. I'm getting tense just thinking about how much we're going to miss Greg next week. Luckily I'll have company from first my mom and then my dad to keep me occupied. And Mister is always my pal. I love, love, love my boys!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Greg you look great and Aariss and I both agree that Liam is not only a chub, but just adorable. (You just wanna put him on a plate and sop him up with a buscuit!) I also want to comment that I'm happy for you both! Not only with your respected careers, but having such an awesome marriage. I know it sounds cliche', but enjoy this time with Liam because they grow up faster than you think! Anyway, I hope to hear from you guys soon..perhaps we could get together for dinner somewhere when your schedule allows. I do have to say that after all these years, our lives (Greg and mine) still parallel to a certain degree. Both our 1st born were boys, both born at Norman Regional and, while you guys honeymooned on the Oregon coast, we honeymooned in Seattle and went to the coast (Rialto Beach)..LOL..

    ReplyDelete