Monday, May 4, 2009

Mister's Moth

Liam had cheer-up Mommy duty tonight, and he delivered. After a lovely weekend, it was back to the grind today, and as sometimes happens, it was sort of a Black Monday...I was Doctor Death. A couple of sad cases, one was a HBC (hit-by-car) shepherd with a fractured mandible, scapula, and cervical vertebrae. I was afraid his neck might be broken since the dog had pain perception but no motor ability in all four limbs, and radiographs confirmed it. Wound up putting Ringo to sleep. ... I also put to sleep a 15 year old dog with a large intra-abdominal tumor. I hate days like today, but at least we ended suffering for those babies. I needed to get home and get myself a "Liam Alexander fix" to cheer me up, and a hug from Gregor Dan, too. Then a bonus during dinner- a cute little moth landed on the table next to Liam, and he snagged it. We almost had a mouthful of moth, but then it escaped the maw and crawled right up his face onto his head, at which point we grabbed the camera!

2 comments:

  1. Which way did he go George? Which way did he go? Could he be any cuter? I especially love this last photo- kudos to the photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance I thought it was a sticker. That's so cute. Hope today is a better day Jen!

    ReplyDelete