Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day


A picture of myself, Liam and "Gigi" celebrating Mother's Day. Today Greg had a lovely vase of flowers, chocolate cupcakes, and signed cards from himself and Liam for me, and overall we've had a pleasant day. We went to a steakhouse for a tasty meal with Great-grand-pop and G-ma and G-pa Holland, and Liam had pieces of dinner roll soaked in steak juice. He went wild for it, so I think he'll fit in with the rest of the family and wind up loving that red meat! After lunch we all went over to the nursing home and visited with Nan, who unfortunately was having a rather bad day. (She wants nothing so much as to leave the nursing home, and felt like Mother's Day was just the day for it). Larry and Sally, Carole and Don, and Kristin and Jason also arrived at the nursing home in time for a big family visit, and of course we had a few friendly extras who were drawn to the baby stroller as well. I missed not seeing my own beloved mama today, but I called her when we got home, and found out she's riding to the rescue next week and plans to help out and visit me and Liam while Greg is out of town. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on first Mother's day Jen! Glad to hear that Deanne will get to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to hear from you later, I know little mister is going to be just fine, can't wait to see you guys and kiss his chubby cheeks! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete