Monday, April 27, 2009

Take me OFF CALL!

I'm so relieved my weekend was quiet on the on-call front. I did make a housecall yesterday to help an 80 year old couple with a Great Dane who had been shot. They of course could not lift the dog in order to bring him in (neither could I)... nor could they safely drive even if they could have loaded him. He was at least 150 lbs just eyeballing him, nice dog, luckily I didn't have to put him to sleep. But this is why 80 year old couples should stick with chihuahuas.

I have one more night on call then a day off tomorrow with my precious boy. I really don't like Mondays because I'm always on call and we don't close until 7pm. By the time I get off and maybe see an emergency or 2, then drive 45 minutes to get home, Liam's bedtime already passed, so I missed the full day with him. Then I have to stand over his crib and watch him sleep and look forward to Tuesday when we can laugh and play. I could just EAT HIM UP! Thankfully we're hiring a new graduate as soon as she, well, graduates. In May. Then she's the low dog on the totem pole and stays until 7pm on Mondays!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jennifer and Greg. I have been trying, for some time, to get back in touch with Greg. My name is Tom Curren and I was best friends with Greg back in high school. You can contact me thru my account at Facebook OR my newly created blog-thingy. Thanks! P.S. A belated congrats on the birth of Liam...he's a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete